A wonderfully moist version of the traditional comfort food.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Resting Time10 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 1 lb ground beef Use extra lean for a less greasy dish.
- 4 slices soft white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup beef stock You can also use milk.
- 1/2 medium onion, finely minced or grated
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat muffin tin with cooking spray or olive oil.
Gently mix all ingredients, using 1/4 cup of ketchup, in a large bowl.
Scoop equally into muffin tin. Pack down gently.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and spread remaining ketchup on the tops of the muffins. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Let rest for 10 minutes before removing from tins.
- All amounts are approximate. Meatloaf is pretty forgiving so feel free to adjust amounts to your taste. Remember that changes to the recipe may result in changes to cooking times!
- Want more tang? Add a bit more ketchup.
- Like spice? Add some sriracha or other hot sauce that you like!
- Trying to eat more veggies? Grate some carrot, celery, or zucchini into the mix. More veggies will add more moisture, so you may need to reduce the amount of added liquid.
- Overmixing will make your meatloaf tough. Be gentle!
- Ovens vary. All cooking times are based on my oven. Yours may be different. Cook until the muffins are brown, slightly crispy on the edges, and have reached an internal temperature of 165°.